6.01.2008

What's Coming in June

Hello my faithful readers. It's the first day of the month, so I thought I'd give you some idea about what is coming up in the blog:

  • Reviews! I have reviews already written up and posted for Gosling's Black Seal, Bogle's limited release port, and Smuttynose's pumpkin ale. I may also offer another rum review (Rhum Barbancourt), or possibly a review or Irish whikey or a bourbon, as well as another beer.
  • I will be joining the Session, the monthly beer bloging event, with a brief discussion of the London Beer & Cider Festival.
  • Depending on when a formal posting of this month's MxMo goes up, I have some thoughts on Bourbon, this month's topic. On the other hand, I'm not entirely sure if I'll be able to mix up too much that's very new for this month. I may have to go with something more tried and tested. We'll see.
  • I'll be finishing up my series on my trip to London and Dublin, as well as hopefully reporting on my trip to Israel.
  • On a related note, I move into my apartment right after I get back from Israel, so there may be a slight break in posting. I have posts up until the sixth of June, when I should be back, but I may spend some time in New York, and, well, we'll see how everything comes together. If I have time I'll prep some more posts for perhaps another week. After I get moved in though, I have lots of goodies on the way.
  • The Newport-Bermuda Race starts June 20th, and in honor of the race I'm going to put up a fairly lengthly post on the drink that will be downed in absurd quantities at regatta parties: the dark and stormy. I hope to post some thoughts on the drink, and, in a perfect world, I would like to elevate the drink using some molecular mixology techniques...Here's to hoping on that score.
  • My batch of falernum is finished, and, while I put my cider infused vodka on hold until my trip is done, it's currently a gorgeous golden color, and I can't wait to get back and finish it up.
  • I am also going to try an experiment with among other things vanilla rum, and, hopefully start on a faux-aged spiced rum. If I can really get a nice rum based on a handle of something fairly cheap, infused to specifications, it could really open up making drinks. Well...I'll post on this later.
Will there be more? Of course there will. I hope this glimpse has given you an idea of what you can expect this month, as well as get you intrigued, and maybe spark some ideas for all of you.
Safe travels,
The Scribe

No comments: