8.06.2008

Hello, Hello!


I am writing to you from the new Dram of Brine, also known as A Mixed Dram. Yeah, I know, name changes, and everything. If you are on the old Dram of Brine site on Blogger, you should be looking at the new blog on Wordpress. If you would rather have the URL, it's:

http://mixeddram.wordpress.com

The site is not 100% live yet. I am still getting the indexes linked up and I need to also get the graphic up for the main page, which should be up by this weekend. In addition, as I make the move, I am also going through old posts and updating them with photos where I have them. So, what is new at the Dram? Things should be continuing more or less as planned, though I am starting a new little tradition of a monthly project, which I'll get into on Thursday when I announce the first one. Otherwise, I have put up a few new features with the move:

  1. Comprehensive ingredient index. In the categories to the right, you will find a list of ingredients. You can find any drink I have published based on what is in it.
  2. Alphabetical indexes of both cocktails I have published here and also all the products that I have reviewed to date.
  3. List of ingredients I have on hand so you can see what I am playing with.

In other, slightly less exciting news, I also got both David Wondrich's Inbibe as well as Dale deGroff's The Craft of the Cocktail today, and I have a bunch of other wonderful books coming in the mail. As a little celebration, it seems appropriate that we make a cocktail to restart things, as it were:

The Manhattan from The Craft of the Cocktail

  • 2 oz - American Whisky (Old Overholt Rye)
  • 1 oz - Italian Vermouth (Martini & Rossi)
  • 2 dashes - Aromatic Bitters (Angostura)
Stir with ice until chilled and serve in a cocktail class or champagne coupé.
My only complaint is that I cannot get anything other than my username to show up as the post author. I would prefer to use a nickname ("The Scribe") if anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

If you are reading this on Blogspot, please note that I will no longer be updating this blog, so you should change your feeds and bookmarks to the new page.

Welcome to my new home,
The Scribe

No comments: