7.19.2008

Have I Got a Tale For You

As anyone who reads more than one cocktail blog knows, this weekend in Tales of the Cocktail, a mongo convention of bartenders, distillers, cocktail bloggers, mixologists, and other people involved in the industry. If I am really the only blog you read, well, I'm honoured. Anywho, I'm not there. I know, bummer. However, I have been keeping up on the fifty or so bloggers who are there, and there's lots of great stuff happening.

This Monday, which happens to be MxMo, I'll be whipping up a really yummy cocktail. It may or may not contain elements of molecular mixology, or whatever you want to call it. It will definitely include some culinary non-traditional ingredients. Regardless, I'm pretty stoked about this cocktail. You'll see it in two days.

Today, however, I would like to give you a cocktail I culled from the other bloggers around the internet. Since the only people who are probably reading this right now are beer bloggers, I'm going with a beer cocktail:
Maggie's Midnight
  • 2 oz - Port Wine (LBV)
  • 1/2 oz - Bourbon (Buffalo Trace)
  • 7 oz - Stout Beer (Rogue Shakespeare)
Shake stir port and bourbon to cool, pour into a beer goblet, and top with chilled beer. Stir gently to combine.
Enjoy!
The Scribe

No comments: